Saturday, August 8, 2009

Power button & Wifi scripts

Power Button
There is a little bug, where when pressing the "power" button, the window list opens. I guess it can also be fixed through the IceWM settings, but I chose to fix it by mapping the power button to Control_L using xmodmap. In the ~/.xinintrc file, I added after the xbattbar command the following line:

xmodmap -e "keycode 8 = Control_L"

Wifi Scripts
I added an osd message when turning on and of the wifi via the "Mail" button. The script /usb/bin/pci is responsible for turning on the wifi and /usb/bin/pce for turning it off. So I added:
osd.sh "Wifi On" &
to /usb/bin/pci and
osd.sh "Wifi Off" &
to /usb/bin/pce

By default, after waking up from standby, the zaurus tries to turn on the wifi. I prefer the wifi to be be off by default. So i change, in /etc/apm/scripts.d/wifi
pci
to:
pce

No comments:

Post a Comment