Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Chess & Comics

QComicBook
Browsing the internet I stumbled upon this comicbook reader (which is in the repository). Supposedly it can read cbr files (rar compressed files), but I didn't manage to use it like that. But It's ok I can unrar the comics to a folder and read it there.
After install there wasn't a launcher in the icewm menu, so I have to start it from the terminal (until I'll manage to manually putting a launcher there...)

Crafty, XBoard
I got armel version of crafty from the maemo repository. xboard is in the default repository.
xboard can be started by issuing the following command:

xboard -font -*-fixed-bold-r-normal--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -clockFont -*-fixed-bold-r-normal--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -coordFont -*-fixed-bold-r-normal--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* -fcp crafty
The default fonts have to be overridden because xboard uses by default helvetica font which is not installed (I couldn't find it anyway...).
The fonts and engine can be set as default in the ~/.Xdefaults file, at the end of the file add,
xboard*font:*-*-fixed-medium-r-normal--*-130-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
xboard*clockFont:*-*-fixed-medium-r-normal--*-130-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
xboard*coordFont:*-*-fixed-medium-r-normal--*-130-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1
xboard*firstChessProgram:crafty
then xboard can be started simply by,
xboard
Additional settings can be found in the xboard manpage.

No comments:

Post a Comment