Tuesday, May 1, 2007

qpeGPS & zRoadMap

Install qpegps:
first, install gpsd:

# ipkg install gpsd -d loop0
# ipkg-link add gpsd
Then libgps14:
# ipkg install libgps14 -d loop0
# ipkg-link add libgps14
Then qpe:
# ipkg install qpegps -d loop0
# ipkg-link add qpegps
In order for the map download to work, downmap and gif2png needed to be extracted into /opt/QtPalmtop/bin
wget is needed to be installed (apparently the busybox version is not compatible with downmap)
# ipkg install wget -d loop0
# ipkg-link add wget
Now I'll try to download Haifa area maps... this takes some time (24 maps are downloaded)

Apperantly the popup menu doesn't work... :-(

zroadmap
I'll try my luck with zroadmap:
# ipkg install -d loop0 zroadmap
# ipkg-link add zroadmap

It seems that the directories are not configured well, roadmap searches for the file usdir.rdm which I found in /opt/QtPalmtop/share/roadmap/, once I started roadmap from this directory it started ok (but no maps...).
No luck finding maps, So I removed it
# ipkg-link remove zroadmap
# ipkg remove zroadmap

No comments:

Post a Comment