Thursday, May 3, 2007

bluetooth...

I'm trying to connect my Motorola RAZR V3 using a bluetooth connection. This is what I found to be semi-successful:
On cellphone side:

  1. Enable bluetooth connection.
  2. Enable detection.
On the zaurus side:
  1. Set the pin number:
  2. # echo "0000" > /etc/bluetooth/pin
  3. create the script /usr/bin/bluepincat.sh
    #!/bin/sh
    echo -n "PIN:"
    cat /etc/bluetooth/pin


    Alternatively In Bluetooth Manager (under the Settings tab), uncheck "enable authentification" and "enable encryption", and set the Default Passkey to "0000", this seems to work aswell.

  4. In /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf, change security from user to auto.
    also change the PIN helper to pin_helper /usr/bin/bluepincat.sh;

  5. Restart the bluetooth service:
    # /etc/init.d/bluetooth stop; /etc/init.d/bluetooth start
Now I can do:
# hcitool inq
and I see the information about the cellphone.
# sdptool browse MAC_ADDRESS
and I see a list of services - with gibberish titles... but list of them nonetheless...

This concludes it, I cannot send files to the cellphone. When I try sending files from the cellphone to the Zaurus I receive a "Service Not Supported" error.

No comments:

Post a Comment